Kedis Pty Ltd (ABN 46 842 390 355), knows that you care how information about you is used and shared and we appreciate your trust in us to do that carefully and sensibly. We are committed to protecting privacy and will only deal with personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”) and this policy.
Collection and Storage of Personal Information and Data
We may collect personal information about individuals. Our usual approach is to collect personal information directly from the individual concerned. This information could include name, email, telephone or address contact details, job position and other relevant employment details and financial details. In most circumstances we do not collect sensitive information. If you provide sensitive information to us for any reason (for example health information relating to skin conditions and allergies) you consent to us using that information for the purpose you disclosed it, as permitted by the Privacy Act.
We may collect personal information in circumstances including:
- when you order goods from us online;
- when paying for goods with credit cards and when processing returns or exchanges;
- when you telephone us or visit our website (or any other physical location such as a store) and make an enquiry to which a later response is requested and to do so requires your contact details;
- when you ask to be included on mailing or marketing distribution lists, register for our website or interact with us through social media services;
- when you enter a competition or promotion, or respond to a survey;
- when entering into a commercial arrangement or agreement with us; and
- when we evaluate job applicants and personnel, which may involve collecting their contact details, employment history, CV and educational qualifications. This may include “sensitive information” as defined in the Privacy Act.
We may use ‘cookies’ to collect data (typically not considered personal information) relating to your general internet usage. This data may include IP-addresses, browser versions, number of visits and similar such data relating to your navigation of the internet and our site. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more tailored service, for instance by storing information about your preferences and allowing us to recognise you when you return to our site.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating settings on your internet browser. However, please note that if your select such settings your may be unable to access certain parts of our site.
We hold personal information in our own secure databases, and, to some extent, for marketing purposes in the databases of third parties engaged by us (subject to obligations regarding privacy and confidentiality) to conduct electronic direct marketing subject to all legislative requirements.
Anonymity / pseudonymity
Where practicable, customers and others have the right to interact with us anonymously or using a pseudonym. Circumstances where it is not practicable, however, include where personal information is required to complete a credit card or account transaction.
Use of Personal Information
We use the personal information collected from you for the purpose it was provided or collected, including in the following ways:
- To verify your identity;
- To respond to enquiries received from you;
- To process, confirm, fulfil and update you about your orders and to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To perform authorised financial transactions with you;
- To verify your identity and to assist you if you have forgotten any user name or password;
- To communicate with you and provide you with information (whether by email, post or other means) about our products or services, where you have requested or consented to receiving this from us or where this provision is otherwise permitted under the Australian Privacy Principles. We may use personal information for the purpose of direct marketing but only where such use complies with the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles in particular.
- To notify you about changes to our goods and services;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer/ device;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our site, when you choose to do so;
- To enable you to enter competitions we run;
- To facilitate your participation in surveys we (or a third party on our behalf) runs where you volunteer that personal information;
- To enable you to participate in loyalty or reward programs, if you so request it;
- To receive and address feedback or complaints from you; and
- To protect our legal interests and fulfil our regulatory obligations (if and to the extent necessary).
All Kedis customers and others with whom we interact have the option to opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us. If you do not wish to continue to receive electronic marketing communications from us and/or selected third parties you should opt-out by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in any email communications that we might send you.
We may use personal information for the purpose of marketing but only where such use complies with the Privacy Act and other applicable legislation.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to any of our related group companies. They will only use it for the same purposes that we may under this policy. We may provide personal information to third parties outside our group companies for limited purposes, such as to help us in providing goods and services to customers. Those persons and business may include:
- Organisations who carry out credit, fraud and other security checks;
- Our online payment gateway service provider, for the purpose of facilitating payments;
- Couriers, shipping and delivery business (where we arrange to deliver goods to you or persons you have requested us to send deliveries to);
- Third party software providers who store details of customer account for us or who provide other IT services;
- Social media and marketing companies that are engaged to manage our social media activities and website; and
- Marketing businesses engaged by us to disseminate materials to which recipients have consented.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties outside our group of companies:
- Where we have your express permission to do so;
- Where it can reasonably be inferred from the circumstances that you consent to the disclosure to the third parties;
- If our company or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information which we hold about our customers may be one of the transferred assets (subject to the same constraints on use and disclosure as under this policy);
- To our professional advisors, accountants, insurers, lawyers and auditors on a confidential basis;
If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation or where authorised at law to disclose that information at law. This may include in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions; to protect the rights, property, or our safety and that of our personnel, customers and the public and for law enforcement purposes. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We limit the information we provide to third parties to the information they need to help us provide or facilitate the provision of goods and services to you. We deal with third parties that are required to meet the privacy standards required by law in handling your personal information and use your personal information only for the purposes that we gave it to them.
We do not disclose personal information to businesses or persons located outside Australia.
Security of personal information
We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information, including internal and external security, restricting access to personal information to those who have a need to know, maintain technological products to prevent unauthorised computer access and regularly reviewing our technology to maintain security.
We treat website and credit card security seriously and endeavour to provide a secure, safe platform through which to conduct transactions. Nevertheless, except to the extent liability cannot be excluded at law, we exclude all liability (including in negligence) for the consequences of any unauthorised access to your personal information. Please notify us immediately if you become aware of any security or data breach by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please provide sufficient detail about the information in question to help us locate it. We will then use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine if there is a problem and take the necessary corrective action within a reasonable time. There may be some circumstances where we decline to grant access, where permitted under the Privacy Act. In that case, we will inform you of the grounds on which access is denied.
If you wish us to permanently delete the personal information we hold about you, we will, to the extent required under any applicable law, do so.
If you have a concern or complaint about the way we have treated your personal information, please contact us at the above address. If you are not satisfied with our handling of that complaint you may refer the issue to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Last update: August 2019